Managing you driving lesson assessment forms
Most Driving Instructors need to track and record the students’ progress to make sure they have reached the required standard to take their driving test. This is normally achieved by manually filling in lesson assessment forms and then storing and keeping this paperwork to meet regulatory requirements.
The process of manually filling in lesson assessment forms is time consuming and can be overlooked, this results in forms not being completed or piled up on a desk and forgotten. The process of filling in the documentation is often considered as a chore and provides little value to the student. Failing to complete and store lesson assessment forms can breach regulation requirements.
Using the bookitLive online client start form for lesson assessment documentation makes the process of completing lesson documentation quick and easy. The advantages on completing the driving lesson assessment documentation online includes:
- Easily see progress and reuse saved forms. After a driving lesson assessment documentation has been filled once it can be copied and used for the next lesson. Using this approach, the Driving Instructor can assess the progress, identify areas of improvement and proceed
- Ability to easily provide information to the student. After a lesson has been completed the Driving Instructor can open the filled driving lesson assessment documentation and click a button to email to the student. This allows the student to see their progress and notify them of the skills they need to practice.
- No need to stored paper records. bookitLive will continually store the filled driving lesson assessment documentation against the student record so the Driving Instructor can meet their legal storage requirements. The Driving Instructor can also keep a copy themselves by saving as a PDF
Process for the first lesson
When a Driving Instructor is using bookitLive to manage their lesson bookings they will already be logged on to their dashboard on their smartphone or tablet, so it is simple to open the student client record to complete the lesson assessment.
- Driving Instructor opens the student client record and selects the Form tab
- Driving Instructor selects and opens the Lesson Assessment
- Completes the relevant questions and Saves
Process for the ongoing lessons
Once a lesson assessment has been completed for the first lesson a Driving Instructor can open the last completed lesson assessment to determine what occurred and then make a copy for the assessment for the next lesson. This process can be completed for each lesson until the student completed all lesson and obtains their license. This approach provides for a complete audit for each student lesson history.
- Driving Instructor opens the student client record and selects the previously completed lesson assessment
- Driving Instructor uses the copy button to make a copy to use for the new lesson
- Completes the relevant lesson assessment questions and Saves
Sending Lesson Assessment to a student
All saved lesson assessment forms have the option to directly email the form to the client. There is no need to know the client email as the forms are sent to the email associated to the client record. Alternatively, the form can be opened and using the print button sent to a PDF.
- Driving Instructor opens the student client record and selects lesson assessment that needs to be email or printed
- Driving Instructor uses the email button to email the completed assessment to the client
- Driving Instructor uses the print button to create a PDF to print or save for retention requirement. to the client